Thursday, July 19, 2012

Life is art

Last night a small group of children came riding by on little dirt bikes. The oldest was maybe 13. Completely using the dirt bikes as transportation, very safely going down the trail. They even slowed down politely to not dust me up, stopped further down on the side of the trail, and wandered off as a little troupe to go adventuring. It reminded me of all of my neighborhood friends; we wandered around in the hills near my parents house too. I was much shyer (no one who knows me will believe that) but we really just explored what there was to see.  There was a bit of magic in seeing kids who were confident,unspoiled, well behaved and full of good will.

Just the sort of thing kids ought to be at that age. I would of taken a photo, but some moments are better left to be remembered in the mind's eye.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I saw more kids out exploring the world. I think most kids now adays are either too busy with planned activities or are watching tv or playing games instead of playing outside..I think it is sad!

    ReplyDelete