Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Walking at Night in the Snow

It was one of those nights where I didn't want to do anything but lay in my circle chair and watch television and my stomach grow. But I have committed to good health- and I don't actually like my stomach growing- so I got all geared up to go out in the snow. It wasn't until I got to the edge of town and could see the milky way, and the stars as bright as crystals hanging low in the sky, that I felt suddenly calm.  The snow was white and luminous so that I could see the hills in the distance, even in the dark. I listened to the music pulsing through my headphones and just stood and watched the night. I actually saw what I assume are two military planes get very close together while travelling overhead- to practice refueling? Definitely worthwhile... the reason I prefer walks outdoors to the gym.  I can find peace in my heart (if only for a moment). 

No comments:

Post a Comment