Saturday, September 14, 2013

Rain Storms in the high desert, Northern Nevada

The Elko area has had some rainstorms over the last several days, and in fact off and on over the last few weeks, which is unusual in the high desert. I wanted to go out and get a few photos- maybe some storm shots, and a few photos of the sunsets. So I start driving north on Mtn City Highway (225)







At this point I'm definitely liking my chances. I take a left on Hwy 226 towards Tuscarora, and get to just northwest of the Taylor's Creek area, which has a nice view west.


And then I waited for the sunset. For an hour.


 
 
Talking on the phone to my dad, and taking random shots.

Wait for it. Wait for it. Here it is!


Hahahahaha. That was it! Around here we do get full 360 degree sunsets, so this tiny blip that lasted for 5 minutes is a hilariously bad sunset to drive an hour to photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment