Sunday, October 13, 2013

Long Drive- Steens Mountains Pass

Had another weekend of driving. Rambling thoughts:
  • The meaning of Humility, and why would it would be important? (My cousin suggested it is "strength under control." I thought that was a profound definition.)
  • Oh my lord how did that deer stop in time to not hit my jeep?
  • How do I take the experience of working around a narcissist, and not be angry and frustrated? How do I turn it into an experience where I am the kind of person I want to be, kind and giving? Especially given that the inherent nature of a narcissist is to take advantage, do harm, manipulate. I decided that the world for them is so awful, I feel sad for the them. I think it would be good if life could be illuminated to them, so that they could give and receive kindness without doing harm. But I will still keep them at arms length... I mean, you can wish a snake without giving it the opportunity to bite you, right?
  • I noticed the rancher of Roaring Springs Ranch, in quite traditional garb. It's awesome. I am sure they don't notice I drive through every few months. The ranch is pretty, and away from the world. They have quite a few cows. It is nice to watch the seasons change in the area over the years.
  • Seriously? That couple I saw two days ago stopping to eat left garbage? That's unfortunate, it reinforces a prejudice.


No comments:

Post a Comment