Monday, October 13, 2014

Through the Politics of a Smile

For me, the silence is deafening.
The song of my own voice
in my own head echoes
Like an empty hallway. lovely, vast, well constructed 

others belong here, filling the hall with sound and movement 

Your smile glistens to me. Your words silken honey, smooth, slick, enveloping me to my nakedness
There is something else too, hidden amongst the gold
I don't understand a smile that doesn't reach your eyes
a brutal incongruity

I am grown strange

The cool October rain comes and pours love upon me
The light of the sun sneaks out for brief moments, easy to miss
I see the rainbow, glowing across the sky in a rare show of color
It reminds my heart to sing-in the end of summer and time for rest

Would that another could see

I wander away, to see the golden light of evening filter through the trees
Joy envelops me
true love exists with the divine

everything else
is something else

No comments:

Post a Comment