Thursday, July 23, 2020

Obsession... year of the covids... propaganda

Right now I find myself obsessed with the function of propaganda. I'm experiencing individuals from all sides of me consuming it whole, then regurgitating. It's almost like friends, family, strangers at the grocery store.. expect me to open my mouth and take it all in, like a baby bird swallowing nourishment from it's mother. There is little grace for other perspectives, for learning, little listening, silliness. 

I'm am feeling pushed to explore this idea. How can we do better unless we take the responsibility to masticate propaganda before it's regurgitated. It's the Ayn Rand demand of rationale thought: a call and demand to think, not follow. 

It is time to invest in investigative journalism. Trust me, there is a difference when you pay for news. Try not to react until more information is present; there is time to process; time to think. 

We are in the midst of the fog of war... have patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment