Thursday, December 31, 2020

Winter Ruminations And the New Year

The snow on my windshield streaks at a sharp angle, strike, down, left. Then stroked away by the wipers and we begin fresh. 



Chunks of tiny white squares splat splat splat. The action is like any water I've every watched... the waves in the ocean - in and out, in and out. A pattern with ebbs and flows and crashes and spray all different. Or the flow of a crick around a stone in the mountains. A masterpiece of balanced disorder.  This is the reflection of our past year for me. As I abhor feeling special, my guess is that this is the experience of our species over the last millennia. 

Welcome to the new year with everything different and all things the same - in the comfort that I, you and we are part of this endless tide of change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment