Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wandering About

Definitely having some upside-down reflections this week.  I'm a long way from familiar terrain, out here in the wide open desert. I miss my family and the people I grew up with. And trees. And normal things like yoga studios and nature foods stores.

I know many people on this green... ahem brown... earth have made sacrifices. But doubt steals into my mind and make me wonder: am I doing the right thing? One fundamental shift in self, since coming out here: it's not about the goal, it truly is about the journey.

The good part is, for about 97% of us, there is no wrong way to go about living, per se. That makes me chuckle. Upon this reflection there is no purpose is considering whether or not what I'm doing is right, it simply is. Which makes it annoying that the thought returns repeatedly over years. I suppose I should meditate on that.

I only give this to 97% of the planetary population, because I've been reading about sociopaths and others with personality disorders, and I guess I can go ahead and categorize that sub-population of the planet as cray-cray.  I do wonder how philosophy applies to the cray-cray. Reflections for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment