Saturday, February 4, 2012

Please? Pretty Please with Sugar On Top?

I have several pieces going at once. One piece is a gift to a friend I've been working on for a few years. I think it will turn out well, it's just I can see I have to re-do a big part of the main feature (a train) because I messed up the perspective on a portion of it. So, the inspiration comes and goes.

Other stuff I just pick up and do, the inspiration is present as I paint. I go until I'm done. The piece I want to design right now is within this theme I've had recently of wanting to be greater than those individual circumstances of my life. I'm not talking fame here, that sounds really ugly and awful. I'm talking about in a spirtual way, viewing life from a space of calm and peace. This benefits me at work with co-workers (we can all use to have grace for others! so that they can give us grace when it's our turn!) but also just adds something to life that is uplifting.

Anyhoo, I did one piece recently that is about opening that spiritual door within yourself. And about two years ago I did several pieces in a series titled "Fate Found Me." I just had this feeling wash over me that I was walking in my own fate, which is odd (Who ties fate to Elko, Nevada? Seriously.) but that is how I felt. Feel. In any event long story short (too late for that) I built these really large canvases with the help my brother, and then have been intimidated to use them. They are so nice!

The inspiration has hit me to do a large piece, about 3.5' by 5' with a theme mixed of spiritual growth and walking the path of ones' own fate. So, having left the beautiful canvases in peace for 6 months, I want to use them! I have asked one of my friends to be my model.  As I sketched the piece out, it was obvious that she is the correct person to use as model for this piece. She is very tall and powerfully built- you want her on your side of the fight- but somehow has extremely delicate features. Anyway I've asked her to send me a picture facing the camera, how I want her hands etc., and her eyes in drishti.  I think she will do it but I don't want to wait. I'm feeling a tad rambunctious: this is not about you! This is about me! Hurry up! I don't think that's a very persuasive argument. So I'm trying to be patient.

JAS

No comments:

Post a Comment