Thursday, March 8, 2012

Font

Sorry my font is all over the place.  I get a little weird about font. I really love graphic design, a key element of which is... well... font. Thus I felt the need to apologize.
I prefer Garamond, but the blog format I'm using doesn't have a Garamond font. So I have to type it into word and transfer over (which I don't do all the time). On top of that, the font size transfers much smaller than in the word format, so I play around to make the blog readable.
Garamond is historic serif type-face developed in the 1500's by a type cutter. Most versions of it have a natural undulation up and down, and there are subtle width differences not found in modern fonts like Calibri or the very ugly Times New Roman (ugly is a fact, not an opinion). 
I have designed my own font. Just need time and technology to play around with it- one of those 'someday' things.

No comments:

Post a Comment