Sunday, March 18, 2012

Keeping It Honest. ?

One of my friends sent me an email last week about how honest my art is, and how much she loves it for that reason.  It was a great note, it inspired me because I was feeling down at that moment and I wanted to express the truth existing in the moment itself.

Follow me here, LOL

This got me thinking about honesty in emotion.  There is a big push in literature and business thinking to focus on the positive and maybe not acknowledge the dark moments but find them and cull them from inside of yourself.  And yet, I experience some of my greatest moments creatrively  when I'm in the most painful of spaces.  

I feel like I push against and deny a piece of self in order to exist in one world, and yet embrace and acknowledge all that it is in order to exist in a second world. If I'm tracking my own thinking here... sometimes it's hard to find balance.  And hard to be honest about what I really feel now.


No comments:

Post a Comment